1. The youngest female table tennis player to take the stage in Rio will be 15-year-old Adriana Diaz, from Puerto Rico.
2. The oldest player in the table tennis competition will be the 54-year-old Chinese-born Spanish player He Zhiwen.
3. Paralympians Natalia Partyka of Poland and Australia’s Melissa Tapper will compete in both Olympic and Paralympic Games for 2016.
4. Kanak Jha from the USA, is the youngest male to qualify for table tennis in Olympic history.
5. The 2016 Rio table tennis competition will comprise of a total of 172 table tennis players from 56 countries.
6. A total of 126 medals will be earned in table tennis at Rio 2016: 48 in the Olympics and 78 in the Paralympics.
7. A total of 276 Paralympians divided in 11 Classes will compete in 29 events for men, women and teams.
8. Equipment for Rio 2016 – San-Ei: Table Tennis tables, DHS : table tennis balls and Tinsue: Floor covering.
9. Measuring 23,000 square metres, Riocentro Pavilion 3 will be home for the Rio 2016 table tennis Olympic and Paralympic competition, and it will seat 4200 people in the main court and 3200 in the preliminary courts.
10. Brazil is the first South American nation to host the Olympics.
Hope you will checkout Table Tennis at Rio 2016. Events start from 6-17 August 2016 at RioCentro Pavilion 3.
Here are some useful links:
Full List of Qualified Athletes Here (table tennis)
List of Qualified Teams Here (table tennis)